Between the latest book I’ve been reading before bed and the current craze over the Mega Millions jackpot, I’ve found myself daydreaming about how I’d use the money if I had “all the money in the world…” <I swear I’ve written a post like this before, but I can’t find it, so you’ll have to deal with this one.> Really, none of my goals are too far out there. And I wouldn’t tell anyone that I won either! Here’s the Top Ten things I’d do immediately if I suddenly had all the money in the world:
1. Add an office and deck to our house. And a new dining room table. And granite counter tops. And buy the lot next door. And maybe build a new house while we’re living in this one.
2. Buy Mike a new car. I’d probably get a new car too, but I don’t really need one. Not that I really “need” any of this…
3. Buy a beach house to spend a month in every summer.
4. Donate all of my clothes and start over.
5. Never sell at the resale or have a garage sale again.
6. Have a tummy tuck.
7. Get a bid for a pool. (I’m not ready to have one in my yard yet.)
8. Travel more.
9. Pay for our friends’ kids to go to college (this is Mike’s idea – not sure how we’d manage that without telling people we were miraculously rich).
10. Have Mike quit his job to manage our money (and play with the kids) full-time.
Have you bought your lottery ticket? What would you do with a sudden windfall?